Next time you come home from work starving, instead of eating lots of bread, why not make a quick miso soup? The following serves two:
oil (olive, sesame..)
1 small onion
1 spring onion
1 teaspoon of
(you can use
, but it’s not the same!) and a cup of water
1. Cut the onion and put in a pot with little oil.
2. Fry for a few minutes and add water (one cup per person)
3. Add the sliced carrot and, if you like, an greens you have (broccoli, kale, parsley).
4. Bring to a boil and cook for few minutes more.
5. Put the pot on a low heat and add one teaspoon of miso per person (the miso should not boil just simmer).
6. Cook for three minutes and add the green part of the spring onion (cut into tiny slices)
If you like, you can also add a sheet of Nori (which is the seaweed which used to cover sushi). Simply take half a sheet, tear into pieces and add to the top of the soup.
This is a great starter for when you come home, and a great alternative to having snacks/bread.