In the search for ever new and better vegetarian recipes, I found this little number on BBC Goodfood, adapted and simplified it. It’s a great, satisfying curry, and works really well with rice. Feeds a (hungry) group of 4.
This process of finding recipes, and simplifying them to within and inch of their lives I’m calling recipe ‘sweding’ – find out more here.
1 can of chopped tomatoes
1kg sweet potatoes
1 can of black or kidney beans
1 veg stock cube
Jerk seasoning/el paso spice mix
- Dice the onion finely and simmer in a large wok/saucepan, when soft, add the finely diced peppers
- When the peppers have softened, add the spice mix/or jerk seasoning
- Next add the chopped tomatoes and simmer for a couple of minutes. Then dissolve the stock cube in 600ml of water and also add to the mix.
- Chop the sweet potatoes into small cubes and drop them in. Drain and wash the can of beans too and add to the mix. Simmer for 30 minutes or so, occasionally stirring, so the sweet potatoes cook and the stock evaporates to give you the saucy curry consistency you so crave
- Chop coriander finely and add to the curry before serving